Choose to Reuse
• WHAT will be done
1. As part of last year’s action plan for ‘waste reduction’ the Eko-Skola Committee carried out a survey among parents to gather data in relation to waste generation in homes. These surveys will be used this year to determine which items are being used the most. We shall then be thinking of ways in which different year groups can reuse these items to create something new. Each class will be assigned a different project to be carried out during EWWR.
2. Eko-skola members will present information about the importance of reusing to the entire school by means of a special assembly. Emphasis will be made on how harmful plastic is for the environment. They will also explain the role of each and every class during EWWR.
3. The whole school will be encouraged to take place in the ‘reuse a plastic bag’ project. Each child will be invited to take a photo of an innovative way to reduce a plastic bag at home. This photo will be sent to the Eko-Skola link teachers and a mural will be created using these photos.
4. Each class teacher will carry out a cross-curricular lesson related to resuing.
5. ‘Birdlife Malta’ have been invited to our school to carry out a talk about the effect of waste in relation to sea birds.
6. The Eko-skola members will take photos of the activities carried out and share them with the entire school community via the college facebook page.
7. During EWWR we shall be setting up a ‘give box’ for children and all school staff to drop/take items in order to create an easy way to reuse unwanted items.
• WHERE it will take place
will it happen?
Dates of the proposed action:
join hands and minds to prevent waste?
Check out other actions that will cover these themes: