Encouraging better ways of managing waste
• WHAT will be done
The Archdiocese of Malta has been working towards raising awareness on reducing, resusing and recycling waste by:
1. Drawing up a Waste Management Policy which will be shared amongst its employees during the European Week for Waste Reduction (EWWR).
2. Purchasing new bins fo general waste, paper, plastic and metal waste, organic waste and batteries. These bins have been set-up in the common areas of the Archbishop’s Curia. Posters have been put up close to these bins in order to aid in the recycling process.
3. The Archdiocese of Malta, in collaboration with Wasteserv shall be organising a talk on the themes ‘how to make the best use of leftover food’ and ‘how to plan your shopping to avoid unneccessary purchases’.
4. During the month of June, the Archdiocese of Malta, in collaboration with Wasteserv has organised a talk on waste management.
5. During the EWWR the Archdiocese of Malta shall be distributing to its employees various informative leaflets on waste management in order to keep its employees up-to-date and aware of the various waste management processes.
6. The Archdiocese of Malta, shall be organising an interactive session with Chef Manuel Aquilna. Chef Manuel Aquilina will be showing us how to cook dishes with left over food and how to reduce waste in the kitchen.
• WHERE it will take place
• WHO will run the show
How can you get in contact:
will it happen?
Dates of the proposed action:
join hands and minds to prevent waste?
Check out other actions that will cover these themes: