Co-financed by the EU Commission LIFE Programme and led by the Italian network for Vocational Educational and Training, ENAIP NET, the LIFE FOSTER project aims at reducing waste in the restaurant industry. The project focuses on these main fields: TRAINING AND EDUCATION, PREVENTION AND COMMUNICATION.
LIFE FOSTER will be implemented in the following countries: France, Italy, Malta, Spain.
The project consists entirely of direct and indirect actions aimed at raising awareness about the problem of food waste and optimal food storage:
• Train trainers and students, as well as professionals (back and front of house), in the restaurant industry to adopt more sustainable practices.
• Raise policy makers’ awareness about the need for measures and instruments that favour food waste prevention and reduction.
In this freamork, during the EWWR week, we are organising A LIFEFOSTER training for ENAIP VENETO students of the kitchen and catering sector.
The training course has the purpose to provide and transfer knowledge, awareness, skills and competences to solve the problem of food waste in the food service industry. The course’ approach is to operate upstream the food value chain to reduce its production according to the Waste Hierarchy and following the principles of the Circular Economy (Circular Economy Package) and Circular Economy for Food.
The students will be educated on:
1. Food Waste Hierarchy
2. Food Waste Analysis in the Food Service Industry:Flow and Leakage Points
3. Strategies and Solutions to Prevent and Manage the Food Waste
4. Menu as a Planning Tool
5. Menu Balancing
6. Training Simulation on Menu Design