TESCO’s sustainability strategy is focused on key target groups: customers, communities, colleagues and planet.
During EWWR week we will highlight activities we are involved at already and encourage even more colleagues and customers to join us.
– play recurring instore radio spot in TESCO stores about importance of textile sustainability
– encourage customers to leave hangers in the store to be used repeatinly as by reusing F&F hangers instead of making new ones, we save 34% of carbon emissions and 86% of water from the ecological footprint of each hanger. So far we save approximately 1.5 million pieces of hangers each year.
– inform customers about the clothes collection Made Mindfully The way in which the materials we use in our products have been produced, grown or made has a more positive impact on the environment than their conventional alternative. Currently, over half our clothing is Made Mindfully. Our aim is to have 100% of the cotton we use in all F&F products to be organic or support more sustainable farming by 2025. We’ve given millions of plastic bottles a new life by using recycled fibres in our clothing
– place visual communication in TESCO stores informing about clothing donation worth 1,5 million €
– donate backpacks and clothing to the Ministry of the Interior of the Slovak Republic for people hit by human-induced or natural disasters.
– inform that F&F become the most trusted brand 2021 in the category of clothing retailers