Tons of trash, wasted precious resources, degraded ecosystems, damaged communities, these are just a few of the consequences of the current production and consumption model. We consume more than we need. But do we have any options to reduce the waste? This is a question addressed to all Cluj-Napoca residents by the Repair Cafe Cluj team, on the occasion of the European Week of Waste Reduction. We hope this question will generate a healthy and productive dialogue for a future Zero Waste City!
We strive for a Cluj without waste, a Cluj of the people livind in harmony with each other and with the nature.
21. November – Debate on the challenges and opportunities on individual level to reduce waste.
22. November – Workshop on composting and reintegrating vegetable matter in the urban ecosystem
23. November – Workshop on making reusable shopping bags out of re-purposed textiles that would be offered to la local shop as an alternative to plastic shopping bags.
24. November – Constructions waste – Trash or resources. Workshop on re-purposing construction waste, a serious issue in our community, as they end up thrown illegally in the forests or riverbeds.
25. November – Stop Food Waste! How can we implement a system of prevention.
26. November – Food Waste Combat Community Dinner out of reclaimed food.