SusStrath Waste Reduction Week
• WHAT will be done
Sustainable Strathclyde will be hosting a week of actions to promote EWWR and waste reduction in all aspects of University life. Some of the events will include:
– Stationery Station: redistributing out waste stationery collected from around campus – staff getting rid of things, office moves etc.- to students for free. this promotes reuse instead of just throwing out old equipment and saves the university and students money though having to buy brand new stationery.
– Swap shop: partnering with Strathclyde’s student led business “Cosy Students” to hold a swap shop for unwanted items, so that students can swap it for something new. This will include clothes, small appliances and kitchenware. This will promote re-use and “loving what you have”instead of buying new.
– Waste Food Picnic – partner with Strathclyde Food sharing society to host a “Dumpster Picnic” with good food that would have otherwise go to waste
– Film screening of the film “Trashed!”, potentially coupled with a talk from an inspirational speaker.
– Promotion to encourage sales of Keepcups (reusable coffee mugs) in the University catering outlets, as well as a small exhibition showing the damage single use cups do to the environment and how reuse is a viable option! Also a competition to “guess how many cups are in the bag” in order o win a Keepcup!
– Waste workshop with an artist from a local community centre showing participants how they can make use of what they might have previously thought was waste.
Although our events will be held on the University campus, there is a heavy general public footfall and so everyone will be included.
• WHERE it will take place
• WHO will run the show
How can you get in contact:
Facebook: Sustainable Strathclyde
will it happen?
Dates of the proposed action:
join hands and minds to prevent waste?
Check out other actions that will cover these themes: